- Patient reported with the complaint of
- Loose teeth
- Bad breath.
- Inability to chew food
- Patient Was suffering From Schizophrenia
- Schizophrenia: Is a chronic and severe mental disorder that affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. People with schizophrenia may seem like they have lost touch with reality. Although schizophrenia is not as common as other mental disorders, the symptoms can be very disabling.
- Generalized periodontitis.
- Missing 37, 31, 41, 42, 47
- Root stump wrt 12
- Cervical caries wrt 11
- Poor oral hygiene maintenance
During the procedure:
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- Conventional upper and lower removable complete denture
- Implant supported over-dentures
- Full mouth rehabilitation using immediate dental implants followed by upper and lower hybrid prosthesis.
Impression & Impression Copings:
Implants After the Procedure:
Pattern Resin Trial:
- Pre operative images and models were obtained.
- Models were mounted in centric occlusion and the upper and lower removable complete denture prosthesis was fabricated to be used as an interim prosthesis.
- Necessary diagnostic investigations were carried out
- Extraction of teeth and immediate implants were placed, 5 implants in each arch were placed.
- Surgeries on the upper and lower arch were performed in two consecutive weeks.
- Post operative instructions and medications were given.
- Patient was reviewed after three months period and the prosthetic phase was carried out.
- Upper and lower Hybrid dentures were fabricated and delivered.
- A regular follow up carried out once in every 6 months.
- Anti-depressants Were given.
Treatment Done By:
Dr. Sujay Gopal BDS, FICOI
Dental Surgeon & Implantologist