Age: 40 Gender: Male
Type of the Case: Midline Diastema Correction
Chief Complaint: Complained of spacing in the upper and lower front teeth.
- Upper midline diastema
- Congenitally missing 41
- Severe attrition wrt 21
- High frenal attachment of the upper and lower labial frenum.
- Cervical abrasion wrt 13, 23
During The Procedure:
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- Fixed partial denture wrt lower anteriors
- Composite veneers for the upper anteriors.
- Restoration of the lower missing 41 using dental implant.
- Root canal treatment wrt 21.
- Upper midline diastema closure using crowns.
- Preoperative photographs and radiographs were made.
- GIC cervical restoration was done wrt 13 and 23.
- An implant was placed in the lower anterior region to replace 41 and temporized.
- Lower labial frenectomy was done using laser. Second stage surgery was done three months following the surgery.
- Root canal treatment was done wrt 21.
- 11 and 21 were prepared to receive crowns and temporized.
- Upper labial frenectomy was done using surgical scalpel.
- After satisfactory healing, implant level impressions of the lower arch and the upper impressions for crowns wrt 11 and 21 were made.
- Trial of the crowns was carried out and consent was sought from the patient.
- Final cementation of the upper anterior crowns and lower screw retained implant prosthesis were given.
- Advised for a regular 6 months follow up.