Age: 23 Gender: Male
Type of Case: Replacement of a fractured tooth with an immediate implant by socket shielding technique.
- The patient complained of broken upper front tooth.
- Fracture of a tooth at cervical third i.r.t 22
- RCT treated i.r.t 22
During the procedure:
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- Extraction followed by grafting and conventional implant i.r.t 22
- Fixed partial denture wrt 21,22.23
- Removable partial denture wrt 22.
- Extraction of 22
- Followed by immediate Implant placement by socket shielding technique i.r.t 22
- Preoperative photographs and diagnostic models were obtained.
- Crown was removed.
- 22 was extracted leaving a thin layer of enamel and dentin buccally for socket shielding.
- The implant was placed immediately in the region, followed by immediate temporization using the old crown.
- The implant was left for 3 months to heal.
- Second stage surgery was carried out and healing abutment was given.
- Final impressions were made using a closed tray implant level impression.
- The screw-retained final prosthesis was delivered.
- Soft tissue contour was maintained
- Every 6 months follow up has been carried out.