Age: 73 Gender: Male
Type of Case: Implant in the esthetic zone.
Chief Complaint: Patient complained of pain in the upper front tooth
Dental History: Root canal treated 12, 35.
- Middle third of the root wrt 12 was fractured and was confirmed radiographically.
During the procedure:
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- FPD wrt 11,12,13
- RPD wrt 12
- Restoration of missing 12 using a dental implant.
- The fractured tooth wrt 12 was extracted.
- The socket was grafted using allograft and closure was established using sutures.
- The socket was left for 6 months to heal.
- Clinical and radiographic evaluation of the socket was carried out and found to be satisfactory at 6 months.
- Diagnostic models, radiographs and photographs were made. Mockup and temporization were made.
- Surgical placement of Implant was done wrt 12 and immediate temporization was done using a screw-retained prosthesis and kept out of any occlusal loads in centric and eccentric relations.
- Progressive loading was commenced in 6 weeks after the implant placement.
- 3 months following which the final screw-retained prosthesis was delivered
- Advised for a regular 6 months follow up.