Type of the case: Ameloblastoma a Benign Tumour Case.
Chief Complaint: Patient aged 57-year-old female visited our clinic with a chief complaint of swelling in the lower right back tooth region since 2-3 years.
Clinical Finding: Encapsulated lesion was seen in the right mandible, extending from right lower canine to right lower 1st molar region with significant buccal cortical plate expansion.
During The Procedure:
Treatment Plan: Under local anesthesia and sedation,cyst enucleation and curettage were planned using carnoys solution.
- Preoperative OPG, CBCT, and clinical pictures were taken and biopsy was made.
- Under local anesthesia and sedation with standard aseptic condition intraoral crestal incision was placed, lesion was exposed.
- Enucleation and curettage was done using carnoys solution
- Defect was closed using PRF
- POST operative instructions were given along with antibiotics and analgesics were prescribed.
- Regular follow up after 3 days was done until a month.
- A second surgery was done as fibrous tissue was seen surrounding medial buccal wall and the entire specimen was sent for histopathological examination
- The surgical site was curretaged using carnoys solution and closed using PRF.
- Follow up was done after a day, 3 days, and 10 days, and even a plan of dental rehabilitation was explained.