Age: 46 Gender: Female
Type of Case: Replacement of a missing tooth using a single implant, with 5 years follow up.
- The patient complained of missing a lower back tooth.
- Missing 36.
- Existing metal crown wrt 46
- Generalized spacing in the upper anterior teeth
Alternative Treatment Plan:
- Fixed partial denture wrt 35,36,37
- Removable partial denture wrt 36.
- Restoration of the missing tooth by dental implants.
- Diagnostic models were fabricated and mounted in maximum intercuspation.
- A mockup was made.
- An implant was placed in 36 region and left for 3 months to heal.
- Second stage surgery was carried out and healing abutment was given.
- Final impressions were made using a closed tray implant level impression.
- The screw-retained final prosthesis was delivered.
- After 5 years follow up was carried out and the crestal bone levels with good soft tissue contour have been maintained.
Every 6 months follow up has been carried out. An OPG at 5 years follow up period shows satisfactory results.
Treatment Done By:
Dr. Sujay Gopal BDS, FICOI
Dental Surgeon & Implantologist